There are infinite tools and techniques we can use to develop our psychic ability. I’ve found the realm of symbolism to be extremely effective, partly because it’s inescapable. Indeed, symbolism is crammed in every inch of life. There is nothing in this universe that does not carry with it a deeper meaning.
We can develop psychic ability through symbolism by choosing to suspend conventional identification with our environment.
What do I mean by “suspending conventional identification?”
Seeing the world in a “conventional” way is only seeing things on a surface level. Ergo, looking out into our world and registering only the solid, mundane or common reality offers only a fraction of experience.
However, the psyche feeds on the non-common, the non-conventional. In fact, our psyche is constantly processing the reality behind the scenes of common experience. So, even as our forefront-consciousness is processing the chair we are sitting on, or the ground we are walking upon – our psyche is digging behind these artifacts and processing their deeper meanings on a wholly different level.
This is what tapping into symbolism is all about.
By focusing our attention a bit differently, we begin to marry our different stages of consciousness. That forefront-consciousness begins to communicate with our psychic consciousness. This leads to new neuro-connections, new understanding – and yes, ultimately enhanced psychic ability.
So how do we tap into symbolism for the purpose of developing psychic ability and heightened awareness?
Simple. Train your consciousness to see beyond the mundane.
We can move about our lives with a navigational understanding that says, “behind every artifact and event, there is a deeper, spiritual meaning. ”
How? Let’s use the chair you’re sitting in as an example.
- Begin to acknowledge there is more to the chair you are sitting on – a whole new realm of meaning.
- Begin to free-associate about the chair. Meaning, be loose in your thoughts about the chair. Suspend your proclivity to rigidly identify it.
- Rather, focus on the function of the chair. Acknowledge its stability. Recognize its purpose to support your body.
- Run your physical and psychic eyes over the chair until something stands out to your attention.
- Let’s say it’s the legs of the chair. Acknowledge there are four legs. Ask yourself what that means to you.
- Continue to ruminate in a free-associative way. As you do, your psyche will begin to deliver connective meanings that are totally contra-common.
- In this example, your psyche may point out four legs on a chair is another level of security and foundational support.
- Once your psyche pours out a nice stream of associations for your conscious mind to contemplate, begin to transfer this new perspective into your life.
- In this example (the chair), consider what stability, security, foundations, and support mean to you in your life experience at this moment.
- As you play around with these deeper meanings and connect them to what’s going on in your life right now – your psyche and your surface consciousness begin to do a lovely waltz together.
- This waltz is the dance of higher psychic ability. Through this dance you will come to profound conclusions that will crack open your view into limitless vistas.
- Continue to see yourself and your world with this kind of free-associative, psychic sight. The more you practice looking at your environment in this way, the more muscle will be added to your psychic ability.
- Keep translating the deeper meanings of your observation into your life experience. Ask yourself “what does this deeper symbolism mean in my life?”
You may find your analyzing mind doesn’t want to follow this method of perception. If this is the case, you’ll have to be clever. You’ll need to provide a doorway for your psyche to walk through. You can do this by observing certain uncommon physical traits about an artifact or an event.
Still using the chair as an example, you may notice the grain of the wood, the color of the fabric, the feel of the seat. Make loose observations, and be dreamy about your perceptions. Relax and melt into the energy of that chair.
With a bit of practice, the analytical mind must relinquish its hold, and the psyche will walk through the door of your perception.
When this happens, the magical world of symbolism will open to your waiting awareness.
I hope you have enjoyed this article on using symbolism to enhance psychic ability. Stay connected with micheleknight-staging.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk for more great information to help you along your psychic development path.
For example, her article on developing psychic ability through human cells is a real paradigm shifter.
Or, you may be interested in this article that answers the question: “What is Intuition?”
Written by Avia Venefica of www.whats-your-sign.com
today's featured reader
I’ve been creating my Knight-Waite tarot deck for three years.
It has been such a labour of love, I can’t wait to unleash it!
It will launch in 2023, but why not take a little sneak peek at the cards below?
We have no affiliation whatsoever with the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck, the rights in which are owned and/or controlled by the Penguin Random House Group.
Any similarity in trade names is coincidental only: we are not licensed by, endorsed by, or in any other way connected with Rider-Waite,
the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck, or the Penguin Random House Group.