A friend of mine called me up excited about a first date and asked me if I thought it was OK to have sex on a first date. If you are familiar with my spiritual musings you’ll know that I always say that each of us has our own unique moral compass and these days what we might consider right or wrong is a lot different to the way people thought a few years ago. We all have to make our own choices for our own spiritual growth and the evolution of our soul.
So in a nutshell, whether you jump into bed with someone on the first date or whether you wait is up to you. Having said that, I do think that there can be some things to think about before you leap in;
It’s probably a bad idea to have sex with someone on the first date if
– You think you ‘have’ to. Your body is a sacred vessel and is something to be treated with reverence by you in the first instance and by everyone else wherever you get a say on the subject. Having sex with someone because you think that’s all you’re worth, or that’s all they want can be a short cut to sadness rather than satisfaction. You are sacred and loved.
– You’re drunk. Chucking down a few glasses of wine to help with your shyness can result in you making decisions that you might not make were you sober.
– You think that’s the way to make them call. It’s never a good idea to bargain with your body. If you’re hopping into bed in the hope that they will fall in love with you, chances are that you’ll end up disappointed and hurt.
– You both want different things. You want a relationship. They want a one night stand. Or visa versa. And neither of you has checked in with what the other is after. You don’t want to open yourself to being hurt and nor do you want to hurt anyone else.
– You’re trying to get back at someone else. It’s important to operate with spiritual integrity and be present to the person you are with, not doing it to take revenge on an ex.
It’s probably okay if
– You both want the same thing. A night of passion or the start of something amazing – there’s nothing wrong with leaping into bed if you both know where it will take you.
– You’ve taken precautions of all kinds. Please play safely.
– You’re doing it with a clear mind and a clear heart. And so are they.
Why am I saying all of this? Because on a psychic level, when we sleep with someone, apart from all of the obvious things that are or could be going on, we are literally weave our psychic energy with theirs in a most profound way. As I’ve said before, when you leap into bed with someone, you’re in their psychic energy system plus the psychic energy system of anyone else they’ve ever slept with. That’s what can leave you with a psychic hangover if you aren’t careful.
loads of love,
today's featured reader
Loads of psychic tarot readings available FREE online